Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm officially a college student, Stephen Colbert could be my Jesus

Eckerd accepted my application and my first class will be an orientation on Saturday, August 19th. It's bliss and I'm off the gym. :D

So needless to say, I'm in a great mood. Things have been looking up the past week or so, despite a nagging wrist injury, but this just puts the positive vibes through an amplifier! This is my second chance in so many ways, an opportunity to put right what I got so wrong years ago. The best part is, I know what real work (mental and physical) is all about, so my approach will be better.

Honestly, I've become more and more convinced with time that things happen for a reason and school happening for me now, with my financial and personal situations so stable, is probably a best case scenario. I'm in a position to focus my energies properly and there really is not much beyond school, work and working out that I need to worry about. That realization is so refreshing, I lack the words to properly express how optimistic and excited I feel tonight.

I'm not a fool, or at least not a total one ;), so I realize that things could all change in a minute, that everything could collapse around me, but I have a feeling deep in my gut telling me things will work out well in the end. Life's taken pretty good care of me to date, so I am not interested in questioning it now. Let the return to academia begin! :D

This has nothing to do with the above, but Stephen Colbert is an absolute and total genius. Don't believe me? Check this out. LOL I HATE morning television and seeing Colbert skewer them so openly and aggressively is just awesome! If I were a god overseeing TV, Stephen Colbert would be my messenger to the TV world.

Posted by Erik @ 7/27/2006 04:34:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

yaaay, congrats again!

Posted by Blogger slade @ Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:55:00 PM #
 

Gracias! It's the good times!

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Friday, July 28, 2006 12:52:00 AM #
 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm SO happy for you! You'll do great! If I can be any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask. I have librarian researching superpowers that undergrads can only dream about. Well, I like to think so anyway.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, July 28, 2006 1:22:00 AM #
 

THanks! I'll definitely let you know, as my researching prowess is most definitely not renowned. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Friday, July 28, 2006 9:21:00 AM #
 
<< Home