Wednesday, October 25, 2006

General bits and pieces

I’ve been stuck in something of an endless loop of simultaneously idealistic and deflating thought lately. There really isn’t much else to talk about, but I am going to force myself, because I am tired of thinking/talking about the perpetual motion machine that keeps the wheels in mind eternally spinning…

I’m a 4.0 student. Despite the fact that I have only taken a single class, I see it as something of an accomplishment, if only a very minor one. This term sees me taking Statistical Methods, and Society, Technology, and Environment, what Eckerd terms an “ environmental perspective” class. Statistics I am definitely apprehensive about, as I am not a lover of mathematics, but the prof claims to take a research focused approach to the formulae, so it might actually end up being beneficial, since my employer’s singular purpose in this world is research and statistical analysis. I am undecided about the ST&E class, since I haven’t had a chance to read into the text and am not sure what to expect. There’s no telling what will happen this term, but I remain optimistic…I want to be Phi Beta Kappa when this thing is said and done, so keeping my GPA up is paramount.

Scooby’s heart transplant is still in the works. I have the STi transmission and rear-assembly on hold with a company in Arizona. The primary driveshaft will be aluminum and come from the Driveshaft Shop. Still working on a clutch and flywheel combination, but will probably be using Crawford’s Max Street clutch with a 15lb. STi or ACT flywheel. That will take care of the drivetrain, which means the next order of business would be putting a motor package together. That should be fun…I just hope to have everything installed and running before the weather gets warm! Cold air=more horsepower. :) Good times…

Posted by Erik @ 10/25/2006 06:21:00 AM