Sunday, May 20, 2007

The one thing I am most afraid of

Edit: I'm afraid of growing old and dying alone in a society where love is cheap, many of the women are cheaper, and hardly anyone has any sense of purpose. Had a conversation with a pretty girl and it sent my mind rumbling, bumbling, and stumbling down a pointless road.

Ahh....that's better. The original version of this post was just to formless and emotionally retarded. It was BORING and its presence was bothering me.

Mom and I went for lunch at Casa Tina's and had a great time. The food there rocks, even if something in the squash does kick the hell out of my stomach. Got quite a bit of riding in this weekend, though it was all traffic. Saturday was all over the place, from Tampa Harley-Davidson to helping Paula with a video promoting libraries, to Quaker Steak and Lube. Nearly got blown off the Bayside riding into high winds on the way to Largo. Spent nearly my entire Sunday detailing and polishing Audrey and Scooby. All that f-ing chrome is a chore to clean and the car was a couple weeks overdue for a good waxing. The things we own end up owning us. :)

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 5/20/2007 11:23:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

You won't die alone, you have to keep having faith. Just keep doing well in school, and focus the rest of your time on family, the shiny bike, being a soon to be discovered movie star, and doing good deeds and everything will work out.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, May 21, 2007 11:24:00 PM #
 

lol, i do that sometimes too... look at something and go "i don't want that crap attached to my blog." some things are better left unpublicized, eh?

chin up, my friend.

Posted by Blogger slade @ Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:40:00 AM #
 

No worries, I've got plans, there are just moments when I become acutely aware of the increasing likelihood I'll end up alone on this trip. On the one hand, there's good in it, as we are not ever so free as when we are alone. On the other, it would be nice to have someone to sleep next to once in a while.

But I had to get rid of that original post. I'm too old for the sort of high school level ish I was putting in there. Chin up, visor down, I'm ready to ride out. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:41:00 PM #
 
<< Home