Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My bike rides like a couch

Goddamn would Scott be disappointed. lol Lucky for both of us, he doesn't have to ride it! This seat is comfortable! The looks are a bit distorted by the camera's flash, it's actually more burgundy than it looks in the images..closer to the bottom pic, than the top one. It matches the burgundy pinstripe in the bike's paint VERY closely. The passenger pillion and backrest will probably get recovered soon, but I didn't want to do them before hand without being sure I liked the look. I'm happy, so they will go under the knife at some point.

I'm starting to sense a LONG ride coming on. I'm thinking a 1000 mile Iron Butt ride might be in order. With this seat, I am in a great cruising position and with the backrest, I hardly have to hold on to the grips. Pics of my new WWII fighter pilot goggles some other time. :)


Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 7/24/2007 11:05:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Nah, as cruising bikes go - I think your brother would say yours looks good, it's just not his style. You know I HATE bikes but I have to admit that now that he had the tires put on his, it looks good.

BTW, we got a location yesterday - South Florida. Now we have to decide if we want it ir not??? As far as the Army goes it doesn't get any better than this, and we'd be back in FL not far from family. BUT, Scott still doesn't know if he wants to recruit or if he'd be good at it. On the other hand it's a garunteed "nice" paycheck (recruiters get paid more). Bottom line is it's his decision and I'll support him either way. We have until the end of the week to decide - YIKES!!!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:30:00 AM #
 
<< Home