Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 3 1/2

Well, I touched the canvas for about five minutes last night, decided I was in a shit mood for working, then got back in gear this morning. The result is below and while I am not wholly pleased, I'm not outright disappointed. I'm calling it done, though there's more I'd like to do. With the tools I have at hand, and the purpose of the course, there's no good in getting some fine brushes and setting to work on details and intricacies.

I could unfurl a ribbon of pretentious BS about why I chose the colors, how they relate to each other on the canvas, and what I was trying to express, but that's not why I make art and that's certainly not what this particular image is supposed to be about. If you don't get it what I was thinking, I didn't express it well enough with my images. If you get 'it', or your 'it' is something other than my 'it', at least 'it' is in there somewhere, and I will color myself satisfied. :)

The next image is already in the works within the confines of my cerebellum. It will be bigger and more focused than this...which should bring it more in line with the tools I am being required to use, which should in turn make creating the image a less frustrating experience. I've included a picture of my prescribed brushes, to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. The quarter is for size reference.





Yes, he's serious about the big, black 'brush' which looks more like a tool for dusting hard to reach crevices and corners. I intend to use all of these brushes at least once. We'll see how that goes!

----------------
Now playing: Alice In Chains - Would
via FoxyTunes

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 9/22/2007 05:11:00 PM