Friday, September 28, 2007

I am not enlightened

I am pissed this morning, so this is going to be a semi-coherent rant, rather than my usual, long-winded diatribe.

Let's get right to it and start with the layoffs our department went through yesterday. Senior management, being the geniuses that they are, decided to eliminate 2 positions within our team of 8 people. One of the associates being expelled is a 64-years old woman who was a cancer within the group. Her personality was such that at one time or another, she had a conflict with every single person in the group save 1. I'm glad to see her going, but here's where the stupid really starts to shine through. She was going to retire in fucking NOVEMBER! She was so happy to be leaving and being paid for the privilege that she was literally dancing in the aisles. What an exhibition of class. Her severance package, which pays 1 week of salary for every year the exiting associate has been with the company between 1-10 years, and 1.5 weeks for every year beyond 10 years of employment, is going to cost the company MORE money than if they had simply waited her out! On top of all that, they let go one of the people on my processing team, a young woman in her mid-20s. She was young and recently married and while she was struggling, she was willing to learn mainframe processing. The same cannot be said for the outgoing senior citizen and another senior (who is also nearing retirement) that was inexplicably spared the axeman's stoke. All of this means more work being done by fewer people and with no plans to replace anyone being laid off, said work will continue indefinitely.

My close friend and direct supervisor's job status is still up in the air, but all indications are that he will remain on staff. If he goes, I will be leaving as well. Honestly, I can't wait to get out of this fucking shithole. The next year cannot go by fast enough for me. I'm sitting here typing this and all I really want to do is walk up to each of my managers, grab them by the collar, and scream, "Fuck you" in each of their sagging, wrinkled faces.

In other news, those of you who chat on your cell phone, put on make-up, or read the paper while driving a motor vehicle are pieces of shit. Get a hands-free device, put your make-up on at home, and read the paper during your break at the office! I drive 3.3 miles, 3.3 fucking miles to work in the morning, and I inevitably see one or all of the above during my trip. I know enough people to know that most (if not all) do not have something so important to talk about that it can't wait until they are done driving. I know enough women to know that most (if not all) can wait to paint on their faces until arriving at work. If you don't think you're beautiful, putting a bunch of clown make-up on isn't going to magically change that. And for fuck's sake, what the fuck could be so interesting in the paper that you have to read the mainstream media's bullshit WHILE YOU DRIVE A FUCKING CAR! I was on the bike this morning and was trying to stop next to this asshole in his Infiniti so that I could give his window a smack, tell him to fold up the business section, and fucking drive. Nothing is more absurd and there is no explanation beyond outright stupidity for reading while driving. How the fuck do you justify that mentally? Such people are total wastes of life. The fact that they are just waiting to take a life makes matters even worse.

So that's what is on my mind this morning. Not very spiritual, not very transcendental, and certainly not very nice. I wanted to type an entire post of expletives and curses, so this is actually the censored version. My spirit may not care about any of this, but my mind is fucking fuming. Hope everyone is having a better day than I am. All of this makes the belief that none of this bullshit really matters all the more concrete for me. I'll get back to transcendence and searching for contentment in this world full of stupid fucking monkeys next time...

Labels: ,

Posted by Erik @ 9/28/2007 08:13:00 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Doesn't it feel good to just rant and be pissed off every once in a while - I love it. You can't carry the problems of the world on your shoulders all of the time, therefore, sometimes you just need to break down, curse and get pissed :)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, September 28, 2007 10:38:00 AM #
 

I usually take this sort of stuff out on a heavy bag, but I haven't been training at all lately. I'm thinking it might be time to hang the bag this weekend and work it off. I'm feeling the stress of school, work, and all the other bullshit swirling around in my head right now. It does feel good to vent, but ultimately it's a temporary relief, rather than a cure. It will be interesting to see if I will stay here for another year. I've not ever wanted to leave as badly as I do right now.

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Friday, September 28, 2007 3:38:00 PM #
 

Best blog ever.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:47:00 AM #
 

I can only wish, but thanks for the encouragement. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:57:00 AM #
 

Seriously though, more posts like this one!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:12:00 PM #
 

What should we think about a world where some anonymous blogger gets anonymous requests for angry blog posts? lol

I'm honestly not that angry about anything very often these days. Every once in a great while, I feel a need to vent. I'll try to make a point to carry out said ventilation here from now on. Deal? :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:11:00 AM #
 
<< Home