Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My first attempt at painting hair

I'm only sharing because I share so little artwork on this page, and I'm fairly happy with the results, given that this is a first attempt. I'm guessing the time involved was a little over two hours, though I did not do everything in one sitting. The medium is Photoshop and the tool was my trusty Wacom 12x12. This is my first attempt at painting hair in a semi-realistic fashion, ever, so I wanted to document it for history. Hopefully, I will have made some serious progress in a year or two. :) There are some substantial problems and obviously, things are not complete, but I'm done with this particular learning exercise.

I'll try to post more as I create more, though my finished work will go to my DeviantArt account, to make things easier to keep organized. Let me know what you think (and be as brutally honest as you feel is necessary...my feelings won't be hurt).

Click the image for a larger view.

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 9/04/2007 08:12:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

it's awesome. looks like it walked right off a hair-dye commercial.

Posted by Blogger slade @ Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:23:00 PM #
 

Thanks! I dream of someday designing Just for Men packaging and print ads. ;)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:10:00 PM #
 
<< Home