Thursday, October 25, 2007

Some stuff I'm working on

I've had a pretty shitty couple of weeks, but I haven't been totally stagnant. I've managed to get the 60x60 I will be working on stretched, primed, re-primed, and base coated. Then I laid down a quick sketch I've had in my head for a little while now. The results are below.



I've also started a class called "Visual Problem Solving". The basic purpose of the course is to heighten our understanding of our own creative process. As part of that, we are forced to work with a stock of 5x5 cards, creating images using only a chisel tipped, permanent marker. Our initial exercise involved creating 50 'stick faces', generated of 15 lines or less, all of which had to be arcs or angular lines. Of course, I fudged the rules a bit and used some circles. We whittled our pile of 50 faces down to 5, then we were given a fairly tight span of time to create 3 variations of each face, using lines and arcs, sans any limitation on line count. My result is below. The most left column is comprised of my originals, with the variations at right. Definitely an interesting exercise and something I really enjoyed doing!

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 10/25/2007 11:15:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I love the faces. You've proven your talent :)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Sunday, October 28, 2007 11:50:00 PM #
 

Oh no, you're reading this thing now?! lol I'll have to make sure I watch what I say to an even higher degree! Can't have it getting back to Big Joe that I'm just an wannabe artist and would be philosopher. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Monday, October 29, 2007 10:56:00 AM #
 
<< Home