Sunday, January 27, 2008

I need to get out more

Nothing much to say today, so I'll throw some bad poetry against the wall and see what happens.

low they will crush us
with heavy hands,
boot heels stony steel.
they will smash and grind
these fragile bones,
smooshing even those genteel
spirits high and hopeful;
and they will smile
like children plucking eyes
where once they pulled wings.
they will blow down the flies
as if this were a birthday celebration,
all the while grinning broadly,
toothy Hollywood grins
pearlescent in the raging sun.
they will smile and smolder
as it all returns to dust.

Anyway, here's an interesting vid I found about some "high" art stuff that went down decades ago. De Kooning was a huge name, Rauschenberg wasn't, but after he erased one of de Kooning's pieces, he became one. Enjoy!


And here's a link to a World War I soldier's sketchbook. I haven't looked at all the images yet, but what I have seen was very compelling.

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 1/27/2008 01:02:00 AM