Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hookers are people too

I'm stuck on this prostitution thing…now I'm thinking about the monetary costs, rather than the emotional/psychological expenses. College CallGirl claims to charge $300/hour. That's $300/hour to sleep with a prostitute, not a virgin, or a supermodel, but a pro. Obviously, working as a call girl means she's not walking the streets, but in the end, it's still a job where someone exchanges sex acts for cash. While I understand there are people in this world who can spend 300 dollars the way I might spend 3, and I have heard of call girls charging much more for an hour of their services, it is hard to imagine ever paying for sex.

In an America where casual sex is more prevalent and plentiful than it has ever been, and loose women seem to be everywhere, it seems odd that people would have to pay $300/hour to get off with a professional. If I am paying $300 for an hour of anything, it had better be more fulfilling than sex with a hooker. And make no mistake, there are probably few single, fully functional males on this planet that get less sex than I do. When you don't do casual sex and you have effectively given up on dating, you're not getting laid…ever, but even I wouldn't pay. I haven't met a woman yet that I would pay to sleep with, and I can't think of any woman that has ever walked the Earth who would be worth $300/hour for a bodily fluids swapping session.

Hopefully, these people are having the most mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, spiritually enlightening sex ever, because I can think of a lot of other things I would rather be doing with $300 than getting laid (Performance Machine black chrome grips and getting my wheels installed on the bike come immediately to mind). It would be one thing if the sex was life altering (in a good way) AND lasted for the entire hour, but I'm certainly not capable of non-stop performance on that scale and something tells me these people are not being touched by the gods at the moment of orgasm! lol And I would imagine that many(most?) of these guys could probably get some for the price of a couple drinks, if not for free, considering that the type of guy who can drop 300 bones on an hour of fun probably has some substantial means at his disposal.

In South Tampa, pulling up in a Mercedes and stepping out in a $1000 outfit is more than enough to get you laid. Maybe it takes a bit more in NYC (where CallGirl claims to work), but I can imagine that the type of people regularly paying out what would be a car payment for many people just to have a bit of fun with a pro could probably swing an entry-level Bentley or at the very least, an upscale Merc. So why pay at all? I suppose because they can, and it's certainly simpler and quicker than chatting up some barslut for an hour or two, when all you really want to do is sleep with her, so in that context, I suppose it makes sense. If nothing else, hooking up with a hooker is certainly more efficient than taking your chances with some random, drunk girl. Even wealthy and powerful males strike out once in a while. Maybe it's just that simple, speed and efficiency and a guaranteed score. You're in, you're out, and you get on with your day. It's like Burger King: have it fast, have it your way, and just like Burger King, there's an outside chance it might kill you someday with repeated exposure.

It's funny that what bothers me, or at least fascinates me, most is the why, rather than the moral issues involved. Honestly, the morality of prostitution is largely irrelevant to me. Two people want to get together and trade money for a quicky, fine, people do it for free all the time, but whatever floats your boat. None of it affects me directly, so the moral implications are more or less meaningless. People have been paying for sex in one form or another since the dawn of time and will continue to do so until the end of it. There's no amount of moral pontification or guilt tripping that will ever stop them, so it makes no sense to try. That said, I am curious about the mentality that makes the buying and selling of sex an acceptable, if not desirable enterprise. Not curious enough to find out directly, it's more of a "look at the monkeys" thing, but I do get a kick out of contemplating the actions of my fellow monkeys.

Labels: ,

Posted by Erik @ 2/20/2008 09:30:00 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Lol, I could read your blogs all day. Great stuff.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:04:00 AM #
 

You and Laura are my biggest (and only fans!). Slade seems to have disappeared, so there aren't many people left reading this thing. Condider yourselves part of an elite group who will be able to say they knew me before I became a star. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Friday, February 22, 2008 12:50:00 PM #
 
<< Home