Sunday, March 16, 2008

You know you're getting old and feeling run down when...

you start looking in the mirror and realize that the face looking back out at you will not ever be as young as you remember it being. The years start eroding what you see, so that the more you see, the less you want to remember. Joints ache in ways you could ignore 10 years ago and you start wondering about moles and freckles. Love starts to seem more and more like a marketing ploy for Hallmark and birthdays start to seem utterly meaningless.

It becomes easier to feel lonely, and harder to fight it off. It gets harder to relate to the mainstream, and more difficult to care about their monotony. The older I get, the more I focus on things that make me truly satisfied, and the less I find myself caring about things like promotions. As I creak and groan my through year 31, I find myself still hoping for the best, but becoming ever more prepared for the worst.

I suppose I'm just tired lately, but not all is lost! As I type, Scooby is getting some love in the form of new tires, a new color for her wheels, and brakes, as well as longer wheel studs and lighter lug nuts. And Laura sent new pics of the Twins that I can't help but smile at the sight of, so I have included a few below.



Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 3/16/2008 12:24:00 AM

Read or Post a Comment

It's so sad, they're getting so big. Everyday I look at them and wonder... when did you get so big? One day I'm going to blink and be standing at their wedding!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, March 17, 2008 8:47:00 AM #
 

They'll be 30 before males are even allowed to be near them unsupervised, so don't worry, you've got plenty of time. :)

Posted by Blogger Erik @ Monday, March 17, 2008 10:33:00 PM #
 
<< Home