Saturday, May 03, 2008

More late-night motorcycling

I've written about the late night riding experience before, but it is a topic that always leaves me contemplative. As I have probably said before, riding a motorcycle has not ever been about thrills and "the rush" people talk about. I have no interest in adrenaline infusions or thumbing my nose at the various dangers. Honestly, I am no big fan of late night riding, and try to stay within a few miles of home anytime there is a chance I might find myself on the road in the wee hours. Riding after 11:00 or 12:00 requires one to be doubly vigilant, despite there being far less traffic than normal.

But the late night air always beckons, particularly because there are fewer 4-wheelers to be found in motion over the pavement. The temperatures drop, the sky goes India ink, and the moon takes its post for the night. I have always been a night owl and the late/early hours have held a certain magic for me as long as I can remember. The world seems a more appealing place when most of the people are sleeping. It is quieter in a broader sense than just noise, particularly where the bike is concerned. Florida is an easier place to be during those hours.

Been spending lots of time down at the beach lately. Probably has something to do with phenomenal weather and bikinis, but who knows. :)

Labels:

Posted by Erik @ 5/03/2008 02:17:00 AM